Sad news came out of London today, as local papers announced the death of troubled pop singer Amy Winehouse. Reports claim that the singer was found dead in her apartment after police responded to a call at around 4:05p.m. to her Camden Square home. According to the Telegraph, it is thought that her death was caused due to an overdose of drugs and alcohol.
Amy Winehouse’s troubles with drugs and addiction were no secret and she was often pictured in a drunken state throughout her career including a very unfortunate video which was released back in 2008 of the singer smoking crack in her home as well as consuming large amounts of cocaine and ecstasy.
According to the LA Times, it was her father that tried to get her back on track and back in May the singer checked into London’s Priory Clinic so she could be ready for an upcoming European tour which must not have had much effect because while performing in Serbia she was booed off stage for slurring her words and was forced to cancel two dates on her tour.
So far there have been no reports of foul play and despite her troubled personal life, Amy Winehouse will be remembered for reviving the British music scene with her soulful jazzy tunes and being the first female British singer to win five Grammy Awards for her album release Back to Black.
Bet on the latest entertainment props at Bodog Sports anytime you feel the need to dive into the Hollywood scene. Get your celebrity kicks at Bodog Sports today!